Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Ideology & Inventory Quiz

I have never been a big believer in horoscopes and stuff like that, although I have always thought it was interesting I never put a lot of time into it because there is no facts behind them.  So this is the second or third time I have taken this Ideology and Inventory quiz and I am skeptical each time I begin.  Even though I have taken it a few times in the past this is the first time I have taken it since I have graduated with my BSW so I wanted to see if my scores would change... I wish I had kept my scores from the previous times I had taken the quiz but alas.

This time I scored a 12 for each of the three categories: Risk, Resiliency and Prevention, Positive Youth Development, and Critical Youth Development.  After tallying my score I was surprised that I had an equal score for all three but at the same time it made sense especially after I reread my horoscopes.  

When I scored a 12 for Risk, Resiliency and Prevention I was nervous at first because my first instinct when I read the word RISK is bad.  I don't really know what I thought but I was thinking maybe I was a risk to working with youth, or maybe lord only know.  And after working in the Alternative Learning Program for as long as I did I learned a lot about at risk youth.  I had to know my background and know the kids I want to work with it makes sense that I want to "coach [them] in how to make good choices for themselves".  So I feel better about that score.

He does a great job in educating how to work with at risk youth.


Now the Positive Youth Development and Critical Youth Development are more of what I see in my career field.  Especially when the Positive Youth Development's orientation states: "a focus on fostering strengths and positive growth (also helps prevent negative outcomes)..."  I have wanted to work in a children's hospital since I was sixteen... and hopefully Hasbro Children's Hospital.  I think that this statement truly represents someone who works with children with illness as they need to be positive and look for strengths with patients.  

No comments:

Post a Comment